Congratulations on your engagement! Planning your wedding is an exciting journey filled with love, anticipation, and dreams of your perfect day. However, with so many details to consider, it's natural to feel overwhelmed. But fear not, we're here to guide you through the entire process with our comprehensive and practical Wedding Planning Checklist. Let's get started!
12-18 months out:
1. Announce your engagement!
2. Discuss significant aspects of the event:
- Desired Date
- Desired location
- How formal
- Big, small, destination, elope
- Do you need a planner
3. Select a wedding planner or day-of coordinator:
- Wedding Planners: Bring together and coordinate vendors for a seamless and enjoyable planning process.
- Day-Of Coordinators: Responsible for executing your plans on the wedding day to ensure a stress-free experience.
9-12 months out:
1. Choose your bridal party:
- Wedding Party (Parents, Grandparents, Siblings)
2. If there is a specific vendor you want for your big day, we recommend booking them as soon as you finalize your wedding date. Please keep in mind most vendors only work one wedding a day unless you're working with a team like B. Remembered. Start shopping and booking the following vendors:
3. Shop for a dress:
- Try on dresses to get an idea of what you like.
- Consider online and off-the-rack stores for last-minute options.
- Check with local seamstresses and tailors if purchasing a dress elsewhere.
4. Start building your guest list.
5. Shop for Save-the-dates (after booking a venue).
6-8 months out:
1. Shop & book the following vendors:
- Hair and Makeup
- Dessert vendor (a wedding cake is optional)
2. Book beauty trials and lock down a beauty team.
3. Send out Save-the-dates.
4. Secure room blocks for guests if desired.
4-5 Months out:
1. Ensure that the rest of your wedding party has their attire.
2. Purchase gifts for the spouse, parents, and wedding party.
3. Plan additional parties if desired:
- Welcome party
- Rehearsal dinner
4. Send out invitations around the 4-month mark (3 at the latest).
2-3 Months out:
1. Ensure you have all accessories (Veil/headpiece, Shoes, Jewelry, Hair extensions, Garter).
2. Review ceremony processional/recessional order with the planner.
3. Finalize the timeline with the planner and share it with all vendors.
4. Visit the venue with the planner and necessary vendors.
5-6 Weeks out:
1. Finalize details and communicate any last-minute changes with the planner.
2. Review the timeline and ensure all RSVPs are in.
3. Finalize your seating chart.
4. Final walk-throughs with vendors if needed.
5. Final meetings with vendors for coordination.
3-4 Weeks out:
1. Provide final headcounts.
2. Confirm all final payments and gratuities (20%).
3. Obtain a marriage license.
4. Confirm final beauty details/timeline with the planner or coordinator.
2 Weeks out:
1. Organize any DIY decor for easy setup.
2. Have the final dress fitting.
1 Week out:
1. Put together favors if necessary.
2. Get your nails done.
3. Pack overnight bags.
4. Attend any last-minute errands and beauty appointments.
1. Drink lots of water and relax.
2. Have fun and enjoy the day before the wedding.
Your Wedding Day:
1. Follow your personalized wedding day timeline.
2. Get ready, eat breakfast, and get dressed.
3. Enjoy your special day with photos, the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception.
By following this comprehensive wedding planning checklist, you'll ensure that every detail is covered, making your big day stress-free and unforgettable. Download the full checklist here. Cheers to a beautiful wedding celebration!